Monday, November 16, 2009

Karroubi Blasts Violence of Regime

Karroubi met members of the reformist bloc of parliament and here is what he had to say:


Mehdi Karoubi in a meeting with the members of the minority fraction of the parliament (reformist) by pointing out the events that happened on Nov 4th rally said: “Unfortunately people and especially women were brutally confronted [on Nov 4th] and this has made me and anyone who cares for the establishment and the country very sad.”

Karoubi added: “Regretfully there are some who want to create excuses to intrigue violence so that they could brutally repress [people] and unfortunately they are not thinking about the outcome of these kinds of behaviours and if they would have thought about it the crisis would have not reached to this stage.” He also asked youth by maintaining their calm and peace in any situation to avoid the violent acts which is what certain movements (pro-coup forces) would want to happen and don’t let some sick individuals provoke people to radical behaviours and as always keep rationality and humanity as their role model for the Green movement.

In this meeting Karoubi also talked about the attack against him during his visit to the media fair and said: “At the media fair there were many supporters who gathered around me and there were 2-3 individuals who were chanting against me and I was afraid of clashes between people and them, when some authorities of the fair guided me to a different route to exit the fair and I [suddenly] realised that there was no sign of people anymore but those 2-3 individuals who were chanting radial slogans against me and some others had been gathered around my car and I even raised my hand for them [in good will] and the pictures are such that they were welcoming me !”

Karoubi also referred to the night before the Nov 4th rally and the events that happened at the rally and said: “On the eve of Nov 4th they have called me from a specific organisation and told me not to attend the rally. On the morning of that day, the contacted me again and told me a terrorist group (Riggi’s group) had planned a suicide attack against me and told me not to attend the rally. I told the secret service protecting me not to come and I would go with my sons but they did not accept that and we all went together and you know the rest...”

Former speaker of the parliament also added that: “said that the only thing remained that people could rely on it to solve country’s problems is the parliament and a strong minority can be very influential in reflecting people’s demands as it has been proven in past and a parliament that truly reflects public opinion and the demands of the social layers of the country won’t act against these demands. Karoubi by looking back at the history of the efforts to eliminate Imam Khomeini’s allies by some after his passing said: “Although the efforts to eliminate Imam’s allies have been intensified with a more organised agenda, but the difference now in comparison to that time is that today youth and the new generation of the Revolution know what the dispute is about.”

No comments:

Post a Comment